If you’re looking to move to Austin, Texas, you’ll need trusted, reliable movers who know how to make moving day stress-free.
John Ferguson Moving & Storage is among the top moving companies in Austin TX. We’re known for our professionalism, integrity and attention to detail.
We’ve proudly been serving Texas residents since 2006. We’re independently owned and operated yet large and established enough to handle any move — big or small. We’re family-owned and operated, and fully licensed and insured.
Give John Ferguson Moving & Storage a call at (915) 975-5730, or fill out our online quote form for a free estimate.
Moving To Austin
Austin is the “Live Music Capital of the World.” Living in Austin will give you plenty of opportunities to get outdoors and explore.
Zilker Park is billed as the most loved park in Austin, Texas. Its lawn is home to the Austin City Music Festival and Blues on the Green.
The South by Southwest Music Festival, typically held in mid-March in Austin, is a sprawling expo of music, movies and technology.
Dining in Austin is ever-changing. A recent count showed more than 1,000 food trucks, with more applications being filled every day.
Planning Your Move To Austin
When you’re planning a move, organization is key.
Moving presents so many challenges, because there are many activities at play.
Your closing may be delayed, the house you’re having built may not be ready, your job transfer hasn’t gone through. And then there’s the task of packing moving boxes. It can be overwhelming.
We have helped many residents over the years, and we are here to give you our best advice: Your move will go smoothly if you’re organized and plan ahead.
- Create checklists for items to do 12, 8, 10, 6, and 4 weeks ahead of time.
- Buy plenty of boxes, markers and tape. Remember to tape the bottom of the moving box before you begin packing.
- Adopt a “use it or lose it” mentality to the items in your pantry. Food can be expensive to transport. Often, homeowners will donate leftover nonperishable goods to a local food bank before they move.
Here are some tips from the U.S. Department of Transportation on other steps you can take when hiring a mover:
- Check with the BBB. One of the first steps you should take when hiring a moving is to look up their rating with the BBB. Google and Yelp reviews provide valuable insight as well.
- Learn to spot the red flags of a moving company. Things like:
- The mover gives an estimate over the telephone or online — sight unseen. There’s a reason these estimates often sound too good to be true.
- The moving company demands a large deposit.
- The mover asks you to sign blank or incomplete documents.
- The company’s website has no local address and no information about their registration or insurance.
- Read and understand all contracts provided by the mover. Remember that it’s okay to ask questions.
- Supervise the process. Be present to answer any questions and help the moving crew deliver their best service.
Austin Moving Company Services
John Ferguson Moving & Storage offers a full range of moving services for Austin, TX.
- Furniture Disassembly and Reassembly
- Full-service Packing and Unpacking
- Warehouse storage and concierge storage, which we call On Demand Storage. Let us clear out your cluttered space and store the goods for you in our El Paso warehouse.
- We also provide specialty services. If you’re looking for piano movers in Austin TX, safe movers in Austin, spa movers in Austin or movers for motorcycles, pool tables or gym equipment, our specialty services team can design a custom plan for you.
Get A Free Moving Quote From John Ferguson Moving & Storage
At John Ferguson Moving & Storage, our motto is “Expectations Delivered.” All our employees are trained in this fashion to give you the best moving experience possible.
Whether you’re planning a move in the next few weeks or are in the early stages of shopping around for the local movers in Austin, we’ll be glad to answer any questions.
We’ve been helping customers move in and out of Texas since 2006. We offer free estimates and no hidden costs. Call us today at (915) 975-5730, or fill out our online quote form.