Offices are changing because of COVID-19. Work from home is more prevalent, and open offices may be gone for good. And that means many businesses in El Paso will be on the move.
Some companies will need to move to larger offices to allow for social distancing and collaboration. Some companies are going out of business or downsizing to home offices. If your company is looking at a move in the future, the office movers at John Ferguson Moving & Storage can help.
We have been providing essential services throughout the pandemic, and we’ve been keeping abreast of all the safety precautions that are needed to keep workers and the public safe.
Over the years, our professional office movers have moved hundreds of companies in and around El Paso, and we are in tune with what the business community needs.
Commercial Movers Ready To Help
The good news is, Texas is reopening!
As companies contemplate the best way to reopen, safely, they may realize that there is no one answer for how to navigate the future.
Warehouse storage is a solution that lets businesses keep their inventory and equipment safe during a transition from one building to another. With warehouse storage, your office chairs, desks, copiers, printers, and file cabinets can be kept under lock and key for short-term or long-term storage. Our crews can come to your office, pack up everything, and haul it away for you.
If you’re planning on reinhabiting the office space, plant or school but need to make some changes, the moving team at John Ferguson Moving & Storage can help with that too.
Let our office moving company work with you to design a plan for your office space, shop or commercial setting that allows for both collaboration and distancing. As an essential business, we will continue to work for you even now, even while your employees are away. That results in no downtime for your company as you look to return to work.
We have studied state, federal and City of El Paso Department of Public Health regulations and social distancing protocols regarding office space, and we are ready to assist you.
Guidelines For Employers
Following the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, local health departments across the country have required employers to take steps to make employees and the public safer. The state’s recommendations to employers include:
- Screen employees and contractors before allowing them to come into the office.
- Minimize the number of employees working within six feet of each other and provide them with PPE.
- Limit travel.
- Cancel large conferences.
- For service or retail industries, ensure access for handwashing, clean high-touch surfaces and provide adequate disinfectant wipes, paper towels and other hygiene products.
- Look into long-term telecommuting options for employees.
- Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people in the building at the same time.
- Identify and cross-train employees to perform essential roles in the case of severe staffing shortages.
- Tell employees who are sick to stay home from work. Adopt a sick leave policy that allows employees to stay home when sick without having to visit a doctor’s office to obtain a note.
Not only will adapting to these changes preserve the health and vitality of your employees, in some cases, changing with the times will be essential to the survival of the business.
Get A Free Quote For Your Office Move
John Ferguson Moving & Storage has been serving El Paso since 2006, and we’re well-regarded in the community because of our seamless and stress-free moves. This is a stressful time, and businesses are handling it in the best way they can. We are here to help.
For more information about our office moving services in El Paso, call John Ferguson Moving & Storage today at (915) 529-1980 or fill out this form to get a free moving quote.