Searching for a highly rated Houston long-distance mover who can offer personal care and attention for your moving and storage needs? John Ferguson Moving & Storage is proud to offer the very best in Houston long-distance moving services, whether you’re moving to popular destinations in the North and East or traveling back West to El Paso, New Mexico, Arizona or up the Pacific Coast.
Look at all we have to offer:
- Full-service long-distance moving
- Military moves
- Specialty moving services, including pool tables, hot tubs, sheds and pianos
We take the time to get to know you and offer peace of mind as you prepare to move to your new home.
A John Ferguson Moving & Storage consultant will meet with you to review the requirements for your move and provide you with a detailed estimate of the expected cost. John Moves America! Give us a call today!
Moving Out Of Houston
Houston is the most populous city in Texas, with an estimated population of 2.3 million. At about 600 square miles, it’s the ninth-largest city in land size in the United States. That makes it bigger in area than Hong Kong.
Over the past decade, Houston saw a 10 percent population grown because the cost of living is low and the opportunities are plentiful.
However, according to Redfin, a national real estate brokerage, many people are moving out of Houston this year. Of Houstonians who are searching for a new place to live, 26 percent of them are looking to leave the Bayou City.
The number of homes for sale in Houston was up 25 percent in 2020 over the previous year. Home prices were up 7.8 percent in September 2020 compared with the same period in 2019.
Top destinations for people migrating from Houston to a new metropolitan area:
- Austin, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
The top out-of-state destinations are:
- Los Angeles, California
- Bay Area, California
- New York, New York
- Chicago, Illinois
- Seattle, Washington
- Washington, D.C.
- San Diego, California
- Denver, Colorado
- Portland, Oregon
- Boston, Massachusetts
Planning Your Long-Distance Move From Houston
When you’re planning a long-distance move, turn to a trusted moving expert, like John Ferguson Moving & Storage. We’ve been in business since 2006, helping renters, homeowners and military families. We look forward to helping you, too.
Long-distance moving presents many potential stressors. We’re here to take them away.
Your move will go smoothly if you’re organized and plan ahead:
- Create checklists for items to do ahead of time.
- Buy plenty of boxes, markers and tape.
- Declutter before you move. You’ll save time and avoid extra stress.
If you’re looking for cheap movers, Houston has a few. But when you’re hiring a mover, always get several quotes, and don’t base your decision on cost alone.
Here are some top questions you should ask any moving company:
- Is the mover a member of the American Trucking Association (ATA)?
- Is the mover fully licensed and insured?
- How long has the mover been in business?
- Does the mover charge extra for stairs?
- Is there a gasoline surcharge on top of the hourly moving rate?
There’s nothing wrong with a company charging for its services, but they should be upfront with you about pricing.
Long-Distance Moving Tips
Whether you are moving across Texas or across the country, planning a move is difficult for everyone. With a state-to-state move, you may not have the opportunity to make several trips to your new home before moving day, as you could with a local move.
These tips from the American Moving & Storage Association will help you organize your move:
- Confirm your moving date. After the sellers have accepted your offer, it’s time to plan a timeline. It is common to move a few days before the closing.
- Book a mover. Traditionally, we advise hiring a mover about a month in advance, but if you can, aim for six weeks ahead of the move for best results.
- Create a schedule. We recommend setting a schedule and creating checklists to keep yourself on task. During a stressful time, you may forget a seemingly insignificant detail, only to realize how important it is.
- Label boxes. Specific labeling instructions include not just the contents of the box but also which room it belongs in. This will help you move in with less stress.
- Plan your mode of transportation. If you are moving with pets, it’s best to drive to your destination. Remember, movers can’t move pets.
- Confirm the move date and details with the mover.
- Greet the movers. They will get right to work. Be on hand to inventory and in case they have any questions.
- Unpack and relax. Enjoy your new home!
Houston Long-Distance Moving Company Services
John Ferguson Moving & Storage has the highest quality moving industry practices and standards and best-rated customer service among all Houston movers van lines.
Our full-service professional Houston moving experience includes:
- Moving blankets to protect furniture.
- Disassembly and assembly of furniture, as needed.
- Customized packing services to meet your needs.
Get A Free Long-Distance Moving Quote From John Ferguson Moving & Storage
If you are looking for a long-distance moving company in Houston, then you have come to the right place.
John Ferguson Moving & Storage has a reputation for honesty and quality.
We look forward to moving you!